Jane Brody, one of my role models, just had her 80th birthday. I’ve been a fan of hers for years. My copies of her cookbooks are well-worn, and I read her column “Personal Health” in the Science section of The New York Times every Wednesday.
In a recent column, she shared some turning-80-wisdom.
- Gray hair isn’t so bad. Maybe natural just looks better.
- Wrinkles are earned and not to be hidden.
- Walking your dog over difficult terrain can help your balance AND your confidence.
- Don’t climb on a chair to reach something. Use a step-stool.
- Pay to have someone do what you shouldn’t do for yourself.
- Refrain from “organ recitals”.
See more at https://nyti.ms/3zi0sOD